Eating out with your family can be expensive, but we’ve got some great places that can help you save money. These restaurants and fast food places have special deals for families, and the best part is some of them let your kids eat for free! We’ll break it down so you can enjoy these family-friendly offers without surprises. We’ll also share where to get birthday freebies, the best food deals, and fast food tricks to save money.
Next, we will answer the following questions:
- Where can children dine for free?
- Are there any age restrictions or proof requirements?
- Are there places where adults can dine at no cost?
- Where can you get free food or drinks on your birthday?
- Where can you find the best food deals this year?
- Are there any options for getting fast food for free?
Where can children dine for free?
Many family-friendly restaurants offer promotions where children can dine for free. Some popular chains have designated “Kids Eat Free” nights, typically during weekdays. We’ve divided these options by the days of the week, along with rules and requirements:
- Chili’s: Children aged 12 and under eat free with an adult entree purchase (Chili’s Rewards members only).
- IHOP: Kids get a free meal daily from 4 – 10 p.m. with an adult entree purchase.
- Golden Corral: Kids aged 3 and under eat free with an adult buffet purchase (maximum two free buffets per adult purchase).
- The Melting Pot: Children under 12 can get a free kids’ entree with an excellent report card (participation varies).
- Fricker’s: Kids under 10 eat free with the purchase of an adult meal.
- Cici’s Pizza: Some locations offer free dining for kids under 3, while others charge $1 (excluding drinks) for kids 3 and under.
- Tucanos Brazilian Grill: Kids aged 6 and under eat free with a paying adult.
- Krispy Kreme: Free donuts for kids with A grades on their report cards.
- Moe’s Southwest Grill: Kids under 12 eat free every Sunday with an adult entree purchase (order online for curbside service).
- Tijuana Flats: Kids eat free on Saturdays and Sundays with an adult entree purchase (promo varies weekly).
- Village Inn: Kids under 10 get a free kids’ menu item with an adult entree purchase.
- Romano’s Macaroni Grill: Kids aged 12 and under eat free on Mondays and Tuesdays with an adult entree purchase (participation varies).
- Buffalo Wings and Rings: Kids under 10 can order free items from the kids’ menu on Mondays (adults must order entrees).
- Bob Evans: Kids eat free on Tuesday evenings with one adult meal purchase.
- Chick-fil-A: Free kids’ meal between 5 – 7:30 p.m. with one adult meal purchase (participation varies).
- Denny’s: Kids aged 12 and under eat free on Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 4 – 10 p.m. (participation varies).
- Marie Callender’s: Kids under 12 get a free meal with an adult entree purchase.
- Perkins: Kids aged 12 and under eat free from the Perkins Kids’ Menu (participation varies).
- Ruby Tuesday: Kids under 10 eat free after 5 p.m. with an adult meal purchase on Tuesdays.
- Uno’s Pizzeria & Grill: Kids eat free off the kids’ menu with an adult entree purchase on Tuesdays.
- Carvel: Buy a classic soft ice cream sundae on Wednesdays and get one free.
- IKEA: IKEA Family members get two free kids’ entrees with an adult entree purchase.
- Smashburger: Children aged 12 and under eat free on Wednesdays with an adult entree purchase (in-store only; participation may vary).
- Denny’s: Kids under 12 eat free on Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 4 – 10 p.m.
- No confirmed kids-eat-free specials.
- Tijuana Flats: Kids eat free on Saturdays and Sundays with an adult entree purchase.
- Fazoli’s: Tuesdays are “Kids’ Night,” offering kids’ meals for $1.99 with an adult entree purchase (unlimited breadsticks for dine-in).
- Fuddruckers: On Mondays after 4 p.m., kids under 12 get a $1.99 kids’ meal with an adult entree purchase.
- Red Robin: Children under 12 receive 50% off a kids’ meal with an adult entree purchase, including unlimited refills (promo code KIDSMEAL50 for online orders, limits apply).
- Texas Roadhouse: On Tuesdays after 4 p.m., enjoy “Kids Night” with $1.99 kids’ meals (participation varies; call your local Roadhouse).
Are there places where adults can dine at no cost?
Most restaurants provide free meals for kids when an adult meal is purchased. If you’re looking for assistance, we have a guide on finding free food from local charities and food banks. In emergencies, consider calling 2-1-1 or visiting findhelp.org for immediate help. These resources are also available in Spanish.
Where can you get free food or drinks on your birthday?
Your birthday is the perfect time to enjoy freebies, from food and drinks to sweet treats. To avoid an inbox full of emails, create a separate email address for these sign-ups:
- Firehouse Subs offers a free sub for kids on their birthday, and adults can get a free sub, too, by joining the rewards program.
- Auntie Anne’s Perks app gives you a free classic pretzel on your birthday and an initial free pretzel with any purchase over a dollar.
- Join Baskin-Robbins Birthday Club to receive a coupon for a free 2.5 oz scoop of ice cream on your birthday.
- Ben & Jerry’s newsletter offers a free birthday scoop coupon and $3 off an ice cream cake.
- Buffalo Wild Wings Blazin’ Rewards provides six free wings (snack size) on your birthday, no purchase necessary.
- My Chili’s Rewards gives you a free dessert on your birthday when you sign up.
- Join Crumbl to receive a free cookie on your birthday every year.
- Del Taco’s “Raving Fan” club offers two free tacos and a free premium milkshake on your birthday.
- Sign up for Denny’s loyalty program for a free Value Slam breakfast on your birthday.
- Dutch Bros’ Dutch Rewards program provides a free birthday drink (any size).
- Edible Rewards offers a free chocolate-dipped fruit box worth $29.99 for your birthday.
- Join Jersey Mike’s reward program, MyMike’s, to earn a free sub on your birthday.
- Jimmy John’s Freaky Fast Rewards members can get a free birthday sandwich.
- Krispy Kreme Rewards members receive free doughnuts on their birthday.
- Moe’s Southwest Grill offers a free birthday burrito and cup of queso when you join Moe’s Rewards.
- Join the Nothing Bundt Cake eClub for a free bundtlet on your birthday.
- Panera Bread provides a free pastry or drink on your birthday when you sign up for MyPanera.
- The Sbarro Slice Society gives you a free XL NY-style pizza slice on your birthday.
- Healthy Rewards members at Smoothie King get a coupon for a free smoothie on their birthday.
- Starbucks’ rewards program offers a free birthday drink, food item, or bottled beverage.
Where can you find the best food deals this year?
Deals on fast food: November 16th is National Fast Food Day. On this special day, you can enjoy fantastic food deals:
- McDonald’s offers small or medium fries for just $1.00 through their app.
- Burger King provides various discounts, including 10-piece nuggets for $1.00.
- Dunkin’ offers complimentary samples of their caramel iced lattes.
- Taco Bell presents a $2.00 Beefy Crunch Burrito Duo with a medium fountain drink.
Deals on sweet treats: December 4th is National Cookie Day. Celebrate this day with free cookies from Great American Cookies and Insomnia Cookies.
Deals on drinks: Join the Panera Unlimited Sip Club by 11/13 to enjoy two months of free, unlimited drinks, including coffees, teas, Charged Lemonades, and more. You can cancel your membership anytime. As a member, you can get one drink every two hours and enjoy unlimited refills at participating Panera locations.
To get this deal, follow these steps:
- Click here and select “Claim Offer.”
- Sign in with your MyPanera account or create a new one.
- Enter your zip code for a “Home Cafe.”
- Add a payment method and click the “Start My Subscription” button.
For online subscription cancellation, visit the “Cancellation” section at www.PaneraBread.com/UnlimitedSipClub.
Are there any options for getting fast food for free?
Yes, there are various ways to enjoy fast food for free or at a significant discount. Many restaurants offer freebies and deals for signing up on their mobile apps or websites. Here are some deals you can find on these apps:
- McDonald’s: Enjoy “Free Fry Fridays” with a $1 purchase.
- Burger King: Get a free Whopper (regularly $5.49) with a $3 purchase.
- Sonic: Enjoy half-off on all drinks every day.
Many companies are also eager to offer you freebies in exchange for subscribing to their email newsletters. Some of these offers include:
- Arby’s: Receive a free roast beef classic with any purchase when you sign up for Arby’s Deals.
- Chili’s: Enjoy free chips and salsa, guacamole, or skillet queso valued at up to $5.29.
- Dunkin’: Get a complimentary medium beverage.
Another way to find freebies and discounts is by checking your restaurant receipt. Many establishments now offer BOGO deals and free items in exchange for taking a brief online customer service survey. For instance, McDonald’s offers BOGO Egg McMuffins and Quarter Pounders, Krispy Kreme provides a free doughnut, and Carl’s Jr. and Hardee’s offer BOGO sandwiches.
Finally, students, seniors, teachers, or military members, remember to carry your ID when visiting fast-food restaurants. You can often get discounts of at least 10%.